Meetings cannot be avoided, no matter how hard you try.
The United States holds 55 million meetings per week. There are well over a billion conferences held in the United States every year. Yes, America interacts with a lot!
Meetings are an inevitable part of any job or position within an organization; whatever your role in the organization, you will eventually attend them.
A typical American working in a company spends more than a quarter of their time in meetings. Cisco reported in 2017 that meetings take up 37% of staff time.
You’ll need some help managing and remembering them all, and meeting management software is exactly what you need.
What percentage of the overall meeting time is productive?
Attentiv’s analysis shows that 63 percent of all meetings take place without a plan. Poorly planned meetings result in poor outcomes.
Meeting management software aims to plan your meeting, manage it, and then conduct it strategically to ensure a successful conclusion.
Essentially, meeting management software allows two or more individuals to schedule meetings, arrange audio and video communications within teams and across entire company sections, and even record those meetings with ease.
Multinational corporations have always benefited from such programs when employees with the same expertise are dispersed worldwide but need them more than ever in the modern age.
Using meeting management software, modern workforces have automated their traditional meeting platforms into virtual meetings.
The use of meeting management software has enabled teams to achieve various objectives cost-effectively.
Nevertheless, even modern methods of having meetings have disadvantages, such as a spotty network, technological difficulties, and choppy video.
What is Meeting Management Software?
Meeting management software facilitates the planning and conduct of meetings, arranges communication among teams, and manages data and information.
One of the agile work process organization approaches such as Scrum, Kanban, or LeSS is a foundation. The applications are beneficial when building workflows in geographically dispersed teams.
Why Should You Use Meeting Management Software?
Time is a precious commodity. Therefore, it is first necessary to understand how to manage this resource effectively to achieve the desired result.
Meetings, for example, should be professionally arranged and conducted. For this reason, project management software has been developed. The following section explains the standard functionality.
Here are some of the most common points to plan:
- Event date and location, taking into account the availability of participants;
- Preparing for the upcoming meeting and notifying the necessary personnel;
- Conducting a search of the system, structuring and attaching relevant data;
- Reporting the outcomes of the meeting;
- Taking into account the employee’s workload when distributing duties;
- Calculating the amount of time necessary to solve each problem;
- Sorting jobs according to their urgency;
- Creating numerous schedule diagrams for the project;
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Create, Research, and Maintain Information
Several types of data are used in meeting management software, including:
- The Projects, Tasks, and Requirements list;
- Amount of resources allocated to each task;
- Data on workload;
- The progress and performance indicators of a project.
Managing team communication
- Solving work-related issues by discussing and coordinating;
- Problem-solving and analyzing the resulting issues;
- Risk forecasting and management;
- Providing the actual status of the project.
What are the benefits of meeting management software?
Time is wasted in meetings by up to one-third. It may be due to a lack of planning, preparation, communication difficulties among team members, and other internal and external problems.
The first step in planning and organizing a workspace is to implement a meeting management system.
What should a good meeting management software have?
- Ensure uninterrupted video and audio communication,
- Develop, find, and keep critical information,
- Close the communication gap between the various teams.
- Ensure task distribution and planning.
Best Meeting Management Softwares
Zoom is one of the leading meeting management software options available to conduct team meetings and is well-known in the meeting management field.
ZOOM is an online video conferencing platform designed exclusively for video conferences. It has an array of features designed to make planning and carrying out team meetings a breeze.
Zoom was explicitly designed to facilitate video conferences, but it can be used in various ways.
Furthermore, you can make private calls, schedule meetings with employees, and communicate outside your organization with potential clients.
You can manage your meeting schedule effortlessly from any device or location by syncing Zoom with your calendar.
The program also enables you to record meetings and automatically generate searchable transcripts to help you retrieve materials if needed.
With Zoom, editors and collaborators can collaborate more quickly by using co-annotation capabilities and screen sharing abilities to keep everyone current on the discussions.
Aside from creating public and private groups, you can collaborate with your team in real-time.
A feature that distinguishes this software from other meeting management systems is creating polls and virtual hand raises to conduct sophisticated survey tools. Moreover, Attention Indicator allows for the tracking of individual responses to a survey.
Zoom integrates with third-party services, such as Slack to streamline team communication.
Key Features of Zoom:
- There is support for HD audio and video calls, with up to 1000 conference participants and 49 videos displayed on the screen.
- The level of privacy is differentiated through team chats and the accessibility of public and private chat groups.
- Participants can have a better understanding of the context by sharing their screens and co-annotating.
- Transcripts are generated automatically when meetings are recorded so that they can be searched on any synced device.
- You can customize Virtual backgrounds and appearance settings.
- Participants can be engaged with technology, such as through virtual hand-raising during surveys.
- Participants who are on the move can use the Safe Driving Mode.
- It allows you to manage meeting schedules without switching applications.
Benefits of Zoom
- Team messages are encrypted from beginning to end.
- There is a public and a private team chat group.
- Password-protected groups as well as role-based protection.
- You get unlimited one-on-one meetings with the Free plan.
- Team collaboration can be enhanced by integrating various other technologies.
- Android and iOS apps are available.
Disadvantages of Zoom:
- Templates for meeting agendas are not pre-configured.
- There is no mention of functionality in the team.
- There is no reporting feature in free programs.
Pricing of Zoom
A free version of Zoom is available to consumers who simply need personal meetings, while professional plans start at $149.90 annually.
nTask is a relatively new meeting management application on the market, but it has quickly emerged as one of the best in its category. nTask is not only a meeting tool but also a risk management and project management solution.
nTask is a task management application that integrates meeting management with ongoing operations like end-to-end project management, team management, and risk management.
From selecting meeting dates, beginning and ending hours, setting agendas, discussing topics, and making decisions, nTask offers many features regarding meeting management. It will ensure that every meeting is smooth and efficient.
nTask is compatible with iOS and Android devices so that you can book meetings with your mobile device. Once the meeting has been planned, the organizer can change and modify it.
A participant may be given the authority to change or add to the agenda, discussion points, or follow-up actions, for example.
Another great feature of this software is that the free edition includes unlimited meetings!
Key Features of nTask:
- A Lot More Than Meeting Software
- It has an excellent user interface.
- It is easy to edit the schedule.
- Team members can send unlimited emails to each other.
- Offers Integration with Zoom.
- Attendees can receive meeting materials.
- You can download the free version.
- Both iOS and Android are supported.
- A beautiful color palette.
Benefits of the Task:
- A simple interface allows you to adjust the Meeting Schedule as needed.
- Notifies all team members of upcoming meetings via email.
- Allows the sharing of meeting documents so that other members of the team can review them.
- Participants receive meeting minutes from the organizer.
- You can invite an unlimited number of team members to a meeting.
- Meetings can be scheduled in an unlimited number of meetings with the FREE edition.
Disadvantages of nTask
- Meeting management software that can be used to schedule and manage meetings.
- It has no built-in video or voice calling capabilities but integrates with Zoom.
Pricing of nTask:
nTask offers a free basic plan, while paid plans start at $2.99 per user per month.
Despite being primarily a work management tool, Infinity can function as your preferred meeting management solution, simplifying the process of organizing, running, and managing all of your company meetings.
With Infinity, you can build your meeting management system and handle your schedule without incident.
You can choose from six different views, with Calendar and Columns being the most prominent, as they give an excellent overview of the upcoming and previous meetings.
You can also easily add, move, and delete objects and modify their attributes for more thorough encounter descriptions.
You should include the date and time of meetings, connections to critical parts of the project, checklists, and discussion notes, among other elements, to ensure immaculate organization.
You can assign meetings and tasks to specific team members and ensure that they adhere to the plan using the Members property.
You can also keep everything you need in one place, from links to upcoming meetings to documents and photos.
As a result, you do not need to navigate various tools to find the information you need.
You can also simplify meeting administration through the tabs and customization options in Infinity. For example, keep meetings pending in one tab, scheduled meetings in another, and complete meetings in a third.
Ensure that your team members understand what occurred by selecting a different view for each tab.
Key Features of Infinity:
Organize your meetings using the Calendar, Gantt, Table, Columns, List, or Form views.
Filter, Group & Sort Options
You can see only the most critical meetings or group them by company, date, or other attributes.
Organize, manage, and assign tasks both for you and for your team.
You can share an entire board with team members or clients, and they can add meeting times and notes themselves.
You may organize your meetings and events into different folders and subfolders based on the week, month, or any other variable you like.
With the dedicated comments section and the Long Description attribute, you will have no trouble collaborating and communicating with your colleagues.
A single location for all your essential files and information, so you don’t have to switch tools continuously.
Several templates are pre-made by Infinity, including those that are specific to scheduling and planning meetings.
Desktop and Mobile Apps
Take charge of meetings in the office or go with dedicated desktop apps and mobile apps from Infinity.
You can add as many attributes as you need to your items to have all the information you need at your fingertips.
You can use Infinity to connect to your Google Calendar or another app when going into one of your meetings.
Pricing of Infinity
Infinity is currently offering an exclusive lifetime deal. In addition, you can select from multiple plans available, starting at $249 for 10 collaborators and 50GB of storage.
HubSpot Meetings — A Free Meeting Management Software
HubSpot Meetings is a free meeting management software ideal for people who only need to keep track of their meetings and a basic scheduler.
HubSpot’s meeting scheduling tool lets customers share a personalized booking link via email to invite others to view their availability.
Whenever a meeting is scheduled, it is automatically added to your calendar and synced with the CRM.
HubSpot provides several free tools, and this one can be paired with Google or Outlook Calendars and HubSpot CRM. Which, as HubSpot promised, is free forever.
You can schedule meetings with customers, prospects, or leads by using HubSpot CRM (free). Meetings are integrated with your calendar (Google Calendar or Outlook) and HubSpot CRM.
Additionally, HubSpot Meetings comes with their All-In-One WordPress plugin. You can also integrate HubSpot with your WordPress site to access HubSpot’s CRM for free, among other features like sales, marketing, and more.
Additionally, you receive complimentary access to HubSpot Academy, a free instructional resource akin to an encyclopedia. In brief, this meeting management system is lightweight and straightforward to use, which makes it ideal for those who currently use HubSpot.
HubSpot Meetings is a plugin that is included with the HubSpot All-In-One WordPress plugin. By installing this plugin on your WordPress site, you’ll receive access to HubSpot’s free CRM, marketing, sales, and customer support capabilities, as well as the free online instructional resource HubSpot Academy.
Benefits of HubSpot Meeting:
- Free meeting scheduling software that is integrated with a CRM
- Google Calendar & Office 365 integration
- Automated scheduling
- Organize group meetings
- Link sharing for group meetings
- This is part of the All-In-One HubSpot WordPress Plugin.
- Set up an email sequence with a link to the meeting on your website
- Excellent Interface & Simple Design
Disadvantages of HubSpot Meeting
- It does not have audio or video calling capabilities
Pricing of HubSpot Meeting
HubSpot Meetings is always free.
Fuze: A Cloud-Based Meeting Management Software
Fuze is a cloud-based meeting management application that performs admirably in any business setting. Fuze’s lightweight, simplicity, and speed make it ideal for small family businesses and large corporations with hundreds or thousands of employees.
Fuze is another solution that both large and small enterprises can use. It offers a wide range of tools that allow you to customize your meeting management experience at an affordable price.
Fuze is a business communications platform that supports video conferencing, content sharing, webinars, group chatting, and screen sharing.
Your business communication needs will be met by this program-audio and video conferencing, webinars, and other forms of video conferencing, screen sharing, and more. It is highly adaptable, and you can tailor it to your unique requirements.
The design of Fuze is minimalist and highly modern, and polished, and their color choices are neutral. Additionally, they provide business security – everything is encrypted to protect data.
Fuze is a reasonably priced meeting software that is worth looking into.
Key Features of Fuze:
- An excellent choice for small and medium businesses
- Security at its best
- Easy to use
- The app is compatible with all devices
- It is compatible with any browser
- A high-quality audio and video experience
- Offers Free Plan
- Files of any size can be distributed
- Its mobile application is designed in a modern style
Benefits of Fuze:
- Information and data are rigorously encrypted during meetings to ensure the security of team data.
- Cross-platform compatibility across all browsers and devices.
- A simple, user-friendly interface facilitates team collaboration.
- Video and audio reception are excellent.
- It allows file transfers of all types and sizes from any location.
- Users have access to unlimited meetings with teams of up to 25 people.
- The company offers a mobile app that allows users to join meetings directly from their smartphones.
Disadvantages of Fuze
- Planning a meeting is not allowed.
- It is impossible to draft a plan, follow-up actions, or discussion points without participation from attendees.
- It is not possible to send meeting reminders.
- Tasks or projects cannot be associated with meetings.
Pricing of Fuze
Fuze offers demo versions of each plan on its website. Pricing for the premium plans starts at $15 per user per month.
Cisco’s WebEx meeting management solution is a popular tool for large organizations. In every sense, they are effective enterprise solutions. Their features speak for themselves.
Video conferencing with WebEx is well known for its high quality. You can host meetings of virtually any size, and there will be no connection, sound, or video problems, as there are with some other conferencing apps.
The quality of the application interface and design appears to create a heavy background workload for WebEx, but it is one of the lightest applications in the market.
Meeting management applications are used to organize and schedule meetings in high-traffic environments. An email address is all you need to invite a team member to a meeting.
You can save email addresses, names, responsibilities, and other information so that if you need to contact the same individual in the future, you can do so with just a few clicks.
For those who aren’t in a hurry, there is also the Advanced Scheduler available. Using Advance Scheduler, you can set up a meeting email reminder, and you can also set up a call-me reminder. In addition, you will receive a reminder call on your phone just before the meeting begins.
Key Features of Webex
- You can communicate privately.
- You can record videos and audio.
- Share your screen.
- Meeting invitations are sent via email, SMS, or phone call.
- Integration with Additional Apps
- You can share and edit files.
- Switch between devices while on the phone.
- A powerful and easy-to-use scheduling tool for a meeting.
- Excellent user interface.
Benefits of Webex
- You can send simple meeting invitations by SMS, e-mail, or IM.
- This cross-platform technology enables users with Macs, Windows, Linux, Solaris, and mobile devices to join the conference.
- Once the meeting’s host grants access to selected attendees, participants can share and edit files during the meeting.
- When on-call in a conference, instantly switch between devices.
- Integrations with Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and IM applications.
Disadvantages of Webex
- There is a limit to the types and sizes of files that can be exchanged.
- When arranging a meeting, there is no place to set a schedule or develop a meeting plan.
- It is expensive if you need to meet with more than ten people.
- There can be no link between meetings and specific tasks or projects.
Pricing of Webex
Free trials are available for 30 days, while paid plans are available from $13.50 per user per month.
Microsoft Teams is a meeting management system provided by Microsoft. Since one of the world’s leading software companies cannot build a terrible product, aren’t we right?
The Microsoft Team product, at least for the time being, is a free product with limited impact. However, it is free and is developed by Microsoft, so it has been adopted by thousands of teams, placing it second only to Skype.
Your team can successfully manage meetings through shared workspaces where voice, video, and web conferences can occur.
To help your team communicate more effectively, use screen sharing, note-taking, and file attachments during those meetings.
One of the most valuable aspects of the Microsoft Team is that your entire team can be on one page to conduct a video or audio conversation and analyze the issue at hand. In addition, However, addition Microsoft Team enables enterprises to host meetings with more than 10,000 participants!
Regardless of its shortcomings, this meeting software is always worth trying, just like any other product from Microsoft.
Key Features of Microsoft Teams
- Video and audio conferencing for virtual meetings between remote teams.
- Meetings are possible with screen sharing capabilities and note-taking capabilities.
- You can provide feedback by sending file attachments to team members.
- Over 400 cities are available for audio conferencing over the phone.
- Meeting rooms dedicated to sharing content with remote participants.
- A live broadcast is available for gatherings with a large number of participants.
- It integrates with a variety of third-party apps and services.
Advantages of Microsoft Team
- Office 365 includes the majority of critical functions.
- Ideal for both small and large meetings, especially when involving remote team members.
- Free versions of the software allow 300 people to attend meetings.
- You can send and receive unlimited messages and searches without spending a dime.
- Space for storage is abundant.
Disadvantages of Microsoft Team
- There are no reminders for meetings.
- Recurring meetings are not managed.
- Templates for meeting agendas are not available.
Pricing of Microsoft Team
As part of the Office 365 subscription, you can use this app for free.
Without a doubt, Meetin.gs is the best tool for managing meetings.
You can manage meeting workloads more efficiently and effectively with this application’s interactive interface and visually appealing notification system.
This will be greatly appreciated by web designers, programmers, and other creative department employees at your organization. Meetin.gs is designed to handle all your meetings, both internal and external.
The meeting management tool features an interactive design, an excellent notification system. It is, perhaps most importantly, exceptionally visually appealing (which is vital for large organizations with a lot of work).
One of the most exciting aspects of this software is its ability to integrate with other free communication tools, such as Skype or Google Hangouts, increasing its appeal to clients.
Meetin.gs allows you to manage your meetings in many ways, all in the simplest way possible.
Meetin.gs is compatible with various social communication technologies (skype, google hangout, Microsoft Lync, your conferencing solution).
The linkages extend to your calendar, contact list, and customer relationship management (CRM). Therefore, you can schedule a meeting with anyone, anywhere, with the convenient ‘Schedule’ button.
Key Features of Meetin.gs
- Make changes to the agendas of team meetings.
- Send out action points for the post-meeting follow-up to team members.
- Organize meeting agendas, files, and photographs on a single page to easily accessible to other team members.
- Remind participants of the meeting and ask them to confirm their attendance.
- Manage notifications sent to team members and their ability to edit meeting materials.
- Currently, there are numerous integrations available.
- Software that makes meetings more effective.
- Create and edit agendas for team meetings.
- Edit and create action points for the post-meeting process.
- A perfect notification system.
- Interactive design.
- Neutral color palette
- Centralized agendas for meetings.
- Files and images are displayed individually on each page.
Advantages of Meetin.gs
- You can send an unlimited number of meeting invitations using the integrated address book.
- Keep a record of scheduled, ongoing, and concluded meetings.
- There is a monthly fee of $12 per organizer.
- Set up multiple meetings for different purposes.
Disadvantages of Meetin.gs
- This software is only a meeting management tool; it does not provide video or audio conferencing.
Pricing of Meetin.gs
The pro version is $12 per month, but if you pay annually, you can pay $129 in one lump sum, saving you 10% over the monthly rate.
You can use ClickMeeting if you need a tool that’s easy to use, doesn’t require a lot of storage and offers an excellent user experience.
This meeting management software is the easiest to use, as seen on the website’s landing page. Despite its resemblance to landing pages from 2010, it is still worth taking a look at.
ClickMeeting is an online solution for online meetings, video conferencing, and webinars. With this program, you can communicate with people in numerous locations, time zones, and operating systems.
The company motto, “We Help You Stay Connected,” reveals their attitude: there are no grandiose words or novel features here, just an app that lets you schedule and creates online meetings, and it is pretty good at it.
You can engage consumers and peers effectively by using options that facilitate the interaction between presenters and participants. ClickMeeting provides an excellent user experience regardless of whether you are streaming presentations or need an urgent conference.
You can engage with clients online in the simplest way possible with this meeting software while communicating continuously from faraway locations.
Additionally, you can share videos from other sources and your screen for greater collaboration.
Key Features of ClickMeeting
- Audio and video conferencing.
- Support for video chats and private messages.
- Contact information.
- Awaiting Room with a Timetable.
- Invitations tailored to your needs.
- You can access webinar statistics.
- Suitable for accommodating a large number of participants.
- Virtual storage.
- Can translate chat messages simultaneously.
- Share your desktop remotely.
- Discussions (for Q&A) are moderated.
- Webinar statistics.
- Record meeting with just one click.
- Customized invitations.
- Surveys, examinations, and polls.
Advantages of ClickMeeting
- Easy to use, i.e., to connect clients and schedule meetings.
- Capable of handling a large number of participants
- Storage space for data shared during conferencing
- Professionals can customize screens.
- Provides an introductory webinar and meeting service at a competitive rate.
- Integration with other tools is simple.
- Offers a risk-free trial.
Disadvantages of ClickMeeting
- There are no breakout sessions.
- You cannot remove attendees from the meeting.
- A recurrent meeting is not an option.
- Meeting follow-up features do not take time out for inactivity.
- It is not possible to reach anyone by phone.
- There are no toll-free conference lines.
Pricing of ClickMeeting
ClickMeeting is free to try for 30 days. After that, it is $25 per month that but billed annually.
MeetingKing is more than just meeting software; it is designed to organize meetings in a broader sense. This application lets you plan meetings, create agendas, lead or manage meetings, and write meeting minutes.
MeetingKing is primarily a task management application, but it also helps you organize your meetings around your workflow.
You can use MeetingKing to plan meetings, create an agenda, manage meetings, and create follow-ups and action items following the meeting.
The app’s UI is plain; it may appear outdated since most apps have moved away from this type of static design.
On the other hand, MeetingKing caters to an older, more discerning audience that does not care about the outdated appearance as long as everything works correctly and smoothly.
Additionally, meeting minutes can be used for adding notes, sharing information, or assigning tasks.
This superior meeting management tool enables you to conduct meetings on various topics about various departments.
A nice feature of this program is its ability to display information from several meetings on a single screen, which simplifies data access and is especially useful if you manage many teams or projects at once.
There is no need to worry if you forget about a meeting; this meeting management application features a system of intelligent notifications that will remind you.
A fantastic feature of MeetingKing is the possibility of viewing the information of several meetings in one window. If you manage many teams and projects, this is incredibly beneficial.
Meeting King provides a free trial period, and subscriptions begin at $9.95 per user per month.
Key Features of MeetingKing
- Easy and quick agenda creation.
- Agenda templates for standard meetings.
- Creating a template for an agenda.
- Record meeting minutes effectively.
- Minutes templates for meetings.
- Documents and files can be shared.
- Take notes while assigning duties.
- Comments on chores and minutes.
- Task collaboration.
- A powerful search engine for meeting minutes.
- Organize meetings and tasks according to the project, department, and individual.
- Simplified calendar view.
- You can use it individually or as a team.
- Meetings can be scheduled directly from Outlook, iCal, or Google Calendar.
- Follow-up meetings.
- Automated assignment of work.
- The feature of a parking lot for storing ideas.
- All meeting minutes in one place.
Advantages of MeetingKing
- Easy to use.
- The feature list is excellent.
- The ability to manage the details of several meetings from one location.
- Offers a risk-free trial.
Disadvantages of MeetingKing
- No attendance tracking is available.
- Scheduling appointments is not possible.
- Screen sharing will not be allowed.
- Video conferencing will not take place.
- Meeting rooms cannot be reserved.
Pricing of MeetingKing
The trial version of Meeting King is available for free, and paid plans are available for $9.95 per user per month.
Final Thoughts on Meeting Management Software
Meeting management software products generally come with a mix of good and bad features.
Since each meeting has unique requirements, that is acceptable.
Meetings are held to unify teamwork, facilitate learning, and yet others to provide feedback and updates.
We have now concluded our review of meeting management software. By now, we hope that you have a good idea of which one would be a good fit for you.
The good news is that many of these programs offer free plans or, at the very least, free trials, allowing you to evaluate them before purchasing the full version.
Also read, Best Python Projects Ideas for Beginners!